Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 9? No more all-night bus rides

So leaving Amsterdam was probably the hardest departure yet, and not only because it was a midnight bus with some questionable drivers, but because we were leaving all the amazing times we had there. After one last run around the stores, we went to the Albert Heijn (a cute grocery store all over Amsterdam) and ran into one of my friends from Buffalo completely randomly! After chatting him and his travel buds up, we were off to meet up with Donny and Asaf for a canal cruise. After that we decided to just chill out at their hostel bar, play some pool and watch a game of soccer. When it came to say goodbye we had some tender hugs and then Melissa and I went to find the bus station. In between border police, Melissa's dream about an old high school boy she still carries a torch for having an older brother, and mine about an engagement party on the bus which turns into a wedding to another person (how sitcomical!), I got to thinking about all the perfect moments I had while in Amsterdam.Basking in the sun, simply enjoying the bright rays, our first day in the city. Watching boats float by the canals, looking at the funny tilted and leaning houses with my best friend. Walking around in circles trying to understand a city without a map and feeling the breeze go by but not giving me a chill. That is my ultimate Amsterdam moment.Not to be overshadowed, is when Donny, Asaf, Aussie Andrew, Melissa and I walked around the red light district at night soliciting TV's, but finally settling ourselves down at Dam Square (the main circle in the city that houses their national monument) and looking at the people going by and soaking in the company and the great times.I loved Amsterdam so much that I know I'll be back. Can't you see me on a houseboat in the canal, working a job and giving tours? I've never fell in love with a place so fast and so hard, that not going isn't even an option. I need more perfect moments in my life, and Amsterdam sure knows how to deliver. So now we're off to explore Berlin. We've heard great things and Asaf and I are in a competition for best city in Europe. We'll see who wins.

Hearts and wooden shoes,Tori

ps- further proof why I belong in Amsterdam is that their patron saint is SAINT NICK AKA SANTA CLAUS!! They have two Christmas's!!! I belong there!!!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Yo Weiss,

I got a job!

High five!